Updated for 2019
Music in the Park kicks off another exciting ten concert line-up this week from 6:00-8:00 pm at the beautiful Stafford Park! Folks can enjoy a family-friendly event, visiting with neighbors and friends, listening to great live music, eating a picnic dinner, and relaxing in the lovely atmosphere of one of Redwood City’s most popular Parks. What could be better?
Here are some gentle reminders to help make Music in the Park enjoyable for our entire community:
- Parking. Please remember that this concert takes place in a neighborhood park. Please drive slowly, pay close attention to pedestrians – especially the little ones, and take great care not to block driveways when parking your car. Better yet? Try riding your bikes, scooters or walking to the event!
- Picnic Areas. The park is mostly lawn with a few picnic benches scattered about. Picnic Areas are first come first served. There are some BBQs permanently affixed to some of the sites and are NOT PERMITTED for use during the concert. In addition, you MAY NOT bring portable grills for use in the park.
- Seating. Some folks like to get to the park early to set up their area well before the show starts. We ask that you please take into account the height of your picnic chairs and try to not impede the line of sight for the majority of folks who will be sitting in low chairs or on picnic blankets. We ask that higher seating stays to the perimeter of the crowd or towards the back of the park. Please, no umbrellas.
- Pets Many people ask if Dogs are allowed. Leashed dogs are always welcome, but we would like for you to consider a few things before bringing your pet. Concerts can become crowded and many dogs are likely to become agitated and scared by the enormity of the crowd and the volume of the music. Your beloved pet might be happier at home, but you know your pet best. Dogs must be on-leash at all times.
- Food. There will be a concession tent selling hamburgers, hot dogs, potato chips, and drinks, graciously operated and donated by the Optimist Club of Redwood City. All proceeds benefit the Save the Music program in Redwood City Schools. Again, we would like to remind you that portable grills are not allowed.
- Alcohol. Beer and Wine are okay to bring during this event in the park. Please drink responsibly.
- Trees & Plants. Our landscape staff works very hard to maintain the beautiful plants and trees in our parks. Please be aware that we have some smaller trees that are just not strong enough to support children climbing them, primarily the magnolias. Please help us to keep these delicate small trees healthy, and please stay out of the landscaped areas.
Lastly, we have plenty of trash and recycling receptacles around the park. Please do your part to help us keep our park clean.
Music in the Park runs June 12-August 14, 2019 from 6:00-8:00 pm at Stafford Park, located at the corner of King St. and Hopkins Ave. in Redwood City (Map). The concerts couldn’t happen without the support of our generous sponsors: The Port of Redwood City, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Stanford University, Kaiser Permanente, WAVE Broadband, County Consumer Plumbing, Joyce & Tatum for Dwell Realtors, Duo- Karen Fryling & Rebecca Johnson, Redwood City Arts Commission, and Redwood City Parks, Recreation, and Community Services.