Rock out(side) with us during this week’s Make It project!
The opportunities are endless as to what you can create with a rock and permanent markers (or paints). You can write an encouraging word, make a pet rock, or just brighten someone’s day with a simple heart. There are so many ways to spread joy!
Of course, if you have acrylic paint at home, that is fantastic! For this demo, we’re going to use markers.
- Permanent Markers (Sharpies)
- Smooth Rocks
Use permanent markers to create cool designs on your rock!
Display your rock outside for the world to enjoy, use it inside as a paperweight, or create a habitat for your new pet! Anything goes!
Share your rock creation with us! Tag us #keepbusyredwoodcity or use the #rwcrocks
We can’t wait to see how much you rock!
SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
- Do not take rocks from your neighbors’ yards, unless they are okay with it.
- Do not take rocks from city landscapes.
- Do not hide rocks in the grass, it could damage lawnmowers
- Do not add things (glue decor) to the rock! It could be hazardous to animals or the environment.
- Please practice safe physical distancing and proper hygiene
DO YOU LOVE PAINTED ROCKS?
Did you know that there is a whole worldwide movement of sharing painted rock joy all over the world? There is even a local group if you really want to get into sharing rock love all around! Check out the RWC Rocks Open Facebook Group, there are some really great examples by some talented artists of all ages!